I remember how I loved buying lucky bags when I was a child (if I found the right translation for “Wundertüten”…). I would tear the bags open the instant I left the store with my parents, impatient to see what wonders are hidden inside. Now years later, I feel as if I’m transported back to that magical time, whenever the door bell rings and the post man delivers the latest lookfantastic Beauty Box. Instead of little toys, stickers and candies, it’s make-up, skincare and other beauty accessories that make my heart skip of excitement! I really enjoyed the January edition, so I wanted to share my unboxing of the January lookfantastic Beauty Box 2017!
The Beauty Revolution Edition
The box includes 6 premium products, with 3 completely new products to lookfantastic befitting the theme. I love how there are brands featured that you already know, such as NUXE or Pixi (while I’ve never actually tried any of the Pixi products before!), and others you might have never heard of before to match this months theme: “an adventure to find your beauty discoveries and to refresh your routine”. The January Lookfantastic Beauty Box 2017 includes:
- Liquid Glow by Trifle Cosmetics: A rosy-hued highlighter to illuminate in an easy to use tube.
- Fairy Lashes Mascara by Jelly Pong Pong: A curling mascara to give length and volume.
- Rose Gold Tweezers by The Vintage Cosmetic Company: Beautiful and precise tweezer.
- Lotion Tonique Douce by Nuxe (35ml): A gentle toner infused with rose petals and coconut that nourishes the skin (a current favourite!).
- Brow Tamer by Pixi (4.5ml): A clear brow gel to hold your brows in place, great to use before other brow products.
- Deep Conditioning Mask by Briogeo (29ml): A hair mask to deeply hydrate and combat the effects of cold weather on your hair.
Is the lookfantastic Beauty Box worth the money?
So far, I’ve really been loving the Lotion Tonique Douce by Nuxe as well as the Deep Conditioning Mask and the Rose Gold Tweezer. I’ll probably even buy a full sized bottle of the lotion! I really like the idea of these beauty subscription boxes, since they allow you to try products you might have not thought of before. You won’t always like all of the products, but in that case, I just give it to a friend. The rosy-hued highlighter doesn’t match my style completely, but I already know the right person who’d love this product!
18€/per month for a box is a pretty good deal, considering you get to try premium brands and even full sized products are included as well. And let’s not forget the excitement of the surprise! I wonder what’s in next month’s box?
You can subscribe to the lookfantastic Beauty Box for 3, 6 or 12 months here.