My blushes for spring: EX1 Cosmetics Blusher in Natural Flush via lookfantastic* / Daniel Sandler Liquid Water Colour Blush in Cherub & Trip / Maxfactor Creme Puff Blush in 25 Alluring Rose* / Face Stockholm Blush in Aura via lookfantastic* / Sleek Blush in Suede
Let’s get cheeky with a curation of new and all-time favourite blushes
I love using blush. Just tiny sweep on your cheek and you instantly look lively and refreshed. Especially during the cold winter months, your skin might look much duller than usual, where blush comes in handy! I recently cleaned out my make up cabinet, got rid of some products I never use and re-discovered some old favourites. Perfect time to do a little roundup of the ones that survived the make up purge, right? They also turn out to be a pretty good selection of blushes for spring time!
Go-To Colours & Textures
When buying blushes I usually go for peach and coral tones. They simply look the most natural on me as my skin has yellow undertones. Though, sometimes, when I’m feeling a little adventurous I do go for cool pinks to create that cute flush you get when it’s cold outside or you’re feeling embarrassed. When the temperatures climb up, I even use bright orange tones for a more playful look (but definitely use with caution!). In terms of textures, I only use powder or liquid blushes. I have blemish-prone skin, so I’m not a fan of cream blushes. The stickiness and the light sheen are just not my thing. Powders are obviously great to mattify and work perfectly with my loose mineral foundations. I used to go for powder blushes only, until I discovered the Daniel Sandler Liquid Water Colour Blushes. So natural, easy to blend and simply work well for my skin type. I do like the Benetints from Benefit, but you have to be quite careful when using them as they are hard to blend.
My Favourite Blushes For Spring
So here are my current favourite blushes with swatches –some all-time favourites, some new additions, all perfect for spring. For easier reference, I listed them according to my swatches from left to right!
• Daniel Sandler Liquid Water Colour Blush in Trip: Bright orange for a summery look. Crazy pigmented, but also easy to blend.
• Daniel Sandler Liquid Water Colour Blush in Cherub: Easily blendable and natural-looking. A little sheer on my light medium skin tone.
• Sleek Blush in Suede: Incredibly natural and matte. Long-lasting. Warm beige/peach tone. An old favourite that I definitely need to use again more.
• Face Stockholm Blush in Aura: A new addition to my collection. Makes me look beautifully flushed, as it’s not too cool toned.
• Maxfactor Creme Puff Blush in 25 Alluring Rose: One of my all time favourites. A natural peach tone with a subtle sheen. A little more pink than my Sleek Blush in Suede. Absolutely love this one. You can find my full review of the Maxfactor Creme Puff Blushes here.
• EX1 Cosmetics Blusher in Natural Flush: Also a new addition and already part of my make up bag. Never used EX1 products before, but I just love this blush. The lightly coral nude tone is beautiful and looks great on my yellow undertoned light medium skin. The texture is so silky and smooth, I could swatch it all day. I was also surprised how much more pigmented it is than the other blushes in my selection. I mean just compare those swatches!
From left to right: Daniel Sandler Liquid Water Colour Blush in Trip & Cherub / Sleek Blush in Suede / Face Stockholm Blush in Aura / Maxfactor Creme Puff Blush in 25 Alluring Rose* / EX1 Cosmetics Blusher in Natural Flush*